Saturday 14 July 2012

Dropzone Commander Diorama Finished!


And its done...!

Painting 10mm models was quite a new experience for me and despite a few issues along the way, I am really quite pleased with the way this little scene turned out. I had a few learning experiences along the way - such as white is really tricky and painting long smooth gradients is very difficult without an airbrush! If you want to see the build of this vignette or any other Dropzone Commander posts, then follow this link.

Bits I am really pleased with are the cliff face, the door and the troops breaking into the mountain stronghold. Also, despite the issues I had painting the orange and white (I wanted it a lot smoother than it is), I am pleased with the colour combination!

These models really are superb and I think that an army of these guys would look absolutely awesome.

Maybe I should get on with it and share some photos!



The 'boys'


Some closer shots of the walkers


No comments:

Post a Comment