Friday 13 July 2012

Mr Bad Axe by JoeK Minis completed!


The companion piece to "Mr Good Axe" is a rather sinister barbarian aptly named "Mr Bad Axe". I really wanted to play with saturation and contrast on this piece, and work in some of the new techniques I have been learning over the recent months. The armour is painted in metallic paints with a high contrast, pushing black paint directly into the recesses, and anywhere I wanted shadows. Regarding the positioning of the dark and light I have really tried to work in the same methodology as used in NMM, and although the photos are typically harsh on metallics, I feel that I managed to pull it off to some extent!

Once again, I must that Toosh for the snowy base on this guy - it really makes him fit well with his counterpart!



And the boys together:


No comments:

Post a Comment