Wednesday 6 July 2011

Speed painting

I'm rubbish at it...

But today I came across an interesting tutorial by Eric Louchard on the Reaper forums (thanks to my mate Gi6ers), and I think it makes a really interesting way of painting so I wanted to share.

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/42789-figures-from-the-stone-age/

I think this would be a very good way of painting some of my (well, Tracy's) older Grenadier orcs... might have to give it a go at some point - hack and slash my way through some of my lead mountain!

I did actually try something similar before - washes over a white undercoat - with limited success, but I think this was mainly due to a lack of contrast. 3 colour priming should fix that issue... it may even be an interesting way to paint regiments/units for Ebay.

Certainly something to mull over.

No comments:

Post a Comment